You probably haven’t heard about Smad-Lock from Smadav. It is one of the features that can protect your computer from virus infiltration and exposure. Even if you are using the free service, you can still make use of it to the best advantage and gain. As long as you know how the virus works and how Smadav can prevent such a thing, then you will be fine.
Virus Movement and Exposure
The virus is clever. One can develop and evolve itself so it finds a crack, a downside, or a loophole in the computer system. When it does so, it can create damage or chaos. Spreading infection is one of the most common ways for viruses to move from one system to another. Another common way for the virus movement is through the flash drive. When one flash drive is already infected, it can infect another system once it is connected to other computers.
Among so many destructive damages that a virus can do, it can evolve itself. The most dangerous virus is the one that can plant itself and infect the files on the flash drive. Not only that, but it can also create an autorun file on the flash drive that will automatically be activated when it is connected to another computer. This autorun program is completely annoying and dangerous because it will automatically run when the flash drive is connected to another computer. There have been many cases with this infection method.
This is when Smad-Lock from Smadav can be handy. How does it work? Smad-Lock will create a folder along with a protected autorun.inf inside the flash drive. By doing so, the virus won’t be able to infiltrate the flash drive – let alone to duplicate the autorun files created by Smadav 2020.
How do you activate this feature?
- Go to the official website and download the portable software
- Once you have downloaded the software, run it
- If you don’t want to run ‘real-time protection’ then simply choose NO
- Go to menu tool and choose Smad Lock option
- On the drive list, checklist the flash drive and choose Lock menu
- Once you have done this, you will find a folder with Smad-Lock name along with the autorun file (but it is a hidden folder).
Important Tips for Your System’s Safety
Here are some simple tips:
- If you want to protect the important files or folders, keep all of them inside the Smad-Lock folder. Don’t delete it. Don’t rename it. Don’t do anything with the autorun file either.
- If you are about to open or change the files in the flash drive, take them out from the folder. If they remain inside the folder, you won’t be able to run them. Remove them from inside the folder first.
- Turn off the autorun feature on your computer. This can keep you safe from the virus that is operating with the autorun method.
If you can do all those tips, you at least won’t have to be excessively worried. Now that you already know the function and use of Smad-Lock from Smadav, you know the extra efforts to protect your computer and also flash drive.