How To Delete An Amazon Account Easily
Almost everybody knows that Amazon is the biggest marketplace in the world. If you have an account on Amazon, you can access all Amazon’s websites including Amazon-owned sites such as Audible.com. But, if one day you have reasons that make you won’t use Amazon anymore, you can delete your account. By deleting it, your purchase history will be erased, And if you’ve already prepared, this is how to delete an Amazon Account.
Delete Account In General
Just recently, Amazon added a method on how to delete an Amazon account. Before, when you want to delete your account, you need to go to the Help menu. And now you can contact the customer support staff to help you with deleting your account. But, if you feel more comfortable deleting your account via the Help menu, here are the steps.
- First, go to Amazon’s site and make sure you’ve already signed in.
- Click the Help menu in the bottom-right of the page after you checked that you don’t have any transaction. You will read several options regarding the Help menu.
- If you want to delete your account, search for Need More Help? option.
- Click it to see more options.
- You need to click contact us and go to Prime Or Something Else to further steps.
- Then, you will see several menus and sections.
- Choose “Tells us more about your issue” then “Account Settings” will appear.
- Click and select “Close My Account”.
- When you choose “Close My Account”, you need to tell the customer support staff on how to contact you. There are three options to contact you. Via email, phone or chat.
- Choose the one you’re most comfortable with.
And then, wait for Amazon to delete your account. How fast Amazon deletes your account will depend on your choice from before.
Delete Account By Contact The Customer Support Staff
Basically, delete the Amazon account by contacting the customer support staff has the same step with the method before. The difference is, you can ask the staff to close your account immediately. Meanwhile, you need to wait for some time if you use the previous method.
- The method on how to delete an Amazon account via directly contacting customer support staff has exactly the same steps as the previous method.
- But, when three options that tell you how to contact Amazon staff appear, choose option phone.
- After that, you can tell the staff that you wish to delete your account.
- Don’t forget to give the reasons why you want to close your account.
After that, you will receive an email from the customer support staff. The contain is a warning on what will you lose if you delete your account. They will also try to analyze your problems and figure out the solution. However, if you’re eager to delete your account, the staff will immediately close your account.
Now, you already know how to delete an Amazon account. If you intend to close your account, consider what you will gain and what will you lose. And if you still want to delete it, feel free to do so.